How to make Spicy Fajita Soup recipe:
1. In the sleeve of a slow cooker, add the onions, peppers, corn, tomatoes, garlic, 1 tablespoon chile powder, chipotle, and broth. Season with and salt and pepper, to taste. Cook on low for 4 to 6 hours.
2. In a deep skillet over medium heat, add the canola oil and heat to 365 degrees F. Fry the tortilla pieces until brown and crispy, 1 to 2 minutes. Drain on brown paper and immediately season with salt and the remaining 1 tablespoon chile powder. (Reserve half the chips for Online Round 2 Recipe Creamy Mexican Dip with Spiced Chips.)
3. Preheat the broiler.
4. (Reserve 1 cup of the onion and pepper mixture for Round 2 Recipe Creamy Mexican Dip with Spiced Chips.) Ladle the soup into ovenproof bowls or crocks and top each with 2 tablespoons cheese. (Reserve remaining 1/2 cup cheese for Round 2 Recipe Crispy Steak Sandwiches.) Put the bowls on a sheet pan and put under the broiler until the cheese is brown and bubbly, 1 to 2 minutes. Garnish with scallions and serve.
Spicy Fajita Soup Ingredients
- 2 medium yellow onions, sliced
- 2 green peppers, cored, seeded, and sliced into strips
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 (14-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons chile powder, divided
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, chopped (reserve adobe for Creamy Mexican Dip)
- 1 quart chicken broth
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups canola oil, for frying
- 12 corn tortillas, cut into eighths
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 2 scallions, sliced
IF have any question or need edit about this post please comment below and please share with social friend. You can also request new post about any tropic. We will try to solve any problem withing 24 hours. You can read Super Bowl Sunday Food Recipes click here.
Content and image credit: foodnetwork.com